5.14.2007

Food Fights...

Just a little story about work this weekend.

Saturday morning was busy, as usual.

We had a new boy named Pablo working on the til, and he's maybe 15.

A group of kids who had just graduated from JD Bracco came into the restaurant for breakfast, which was fine. However, one of the boys in the group (we'll call him Tim) started causing a rucus. Tim began swearing at Pablo because his debit card wasn't working and he blamed it on Pablo. Finally, after numerous tries Tim's card worked, he got his food, and he sat down. That was all fine and dandy, until he started watching us and swearing at all the people who were working, for no reason.


I decided to let it go...


When the kids got up to leave I walked over to where they were sitting to make sure they had cleaned up their stuff (I don't believe that picking up someone else's garbage is in my job description) and they hadn't. They had squished their food all over the floor and the tables and the benches, and their trays, and wrappers, and bags were all over the place.


So I said to Tim as he walked out the door, "Could you please clean up your garbage."


And this is what I get back, "F*&^ you, you stupid b&^%*."


He left and so that was fine with me, I thought he was going to be gone for good. However, he came back in to go to the washroom. And once again, I asked him nicely to clean up his garbage. I also explained to him that it wasn't me who made the mess and so I shouldn't have to clean it up. He continued to curse a blue streak at me, and when I asked him a third time to clean up this was his response, "Shut the f*&^ up, and give me your managers name, your harassing me!"


I told him, "I am the manager."


His response, "You f*&^in' liar!"


And he turned around and threw his orange juice at my face from across the lobby and left the restaurant.


Luckily, I dodged it and it hit the window behind me.


There were about 6 of our regular customers there, and they all helped me clean up the mess, one of them went outside and got Tim's liscence plate number and told me I should call the police. I didn't cause they don't generally help with these kinds of things. I was shaking so bad that I just wanted to sit down and cry...


Of course it was longer and more involved, but really, where do kids these days get the idea that it's okay to talk to someone that way or treat someone like that. I think it's a little ridiculous, and that kids these days don't have a whole lot of respect for others. It's so sad.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Jerks. Atleast you were there to lay down the law!

Anonymous said...

not very nice. But well handled

Beaner said...

aww that's brutal! I would've been PISSED! you handled it great though, good for you...kids are little shits these days...