6.30.2007

The Psych Ward


Alright, I do have to say one thing about my practicum...
...it was frickin' interesting.


(You can almost see my parking spot!)


I was scared my first day, and right now I'll say that I'm sorry that I didn't keep the blogging world more up-to-date with my day to day happenings, but by the time I got home every day, I was so exhausted that I didn't even want to move my fingers.

At first I'll admit, I was pretty sceptical about how interesting Unit 91 would be, but after the first day or so I knew that there would never be a "normal" day. After all, these aren't normal patients.

I dealt mostly with the doctors, because that's what a unit clerk does, but of course there were patients there all the time, they lived there, ate there, did their laundry there, everything. And I was in charge of making sure they all got the right meds at the right time.

I saw patients ranging from depression, all the way to paranoid delusions. It was a little creepy at times. I'll write about one or two patients specifically at a later date. Maybe in the morning.

All in all I will miss Unit 91. I'm glad my schooling is over and that I can start a real career for myself. It's exciting to know that I can finally be part of something bigger, I'm going to be dealing with peoples lives, not just their stupid food and that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the stories!

Anonymous said...

congra't on being done and now being able to join the official work force. Looking forward to the stories.