9.26.2007

Tired


So I've been working at McDonalds's for almost 3 and a half years now. I'm a manager and I get along with everyone there pretty good (I also like to think that I'm well-liked, but enforcing rules doesn't sit well with most kids).

But I'm tired. I'm tired of being short staffed, I'm tired of people not showing up for their shifts, I'm tired of getting up at 4:00 am, I'm tired of woring 9 or 10 hour shifts, I'm tired of being paid nothing, and I'm tired of the greasy smell on my clothes when I get home.

So why haven't I quit? First of all, I haven't found another job (I've been looking!), and I know my wedding isn't going to pay for itself. Secondly, I feel a sense of responsibility, and I know if I left, they'd be totally screwed and they wouldn't have an opening manager anymore. Also, knowing this and quitting anyway would make me feel really, really guilty. So until I find another job what do I do?

I just know that I'm not lovin' it anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time to move on...fast!!!