11.09.2006

Wisdom Teeth

So I got my wisdom teeth pulled this summer...and trust me, it's worse than people say it is.

My mouth was bleeding for 3 days...the first morning after my surgery there was blood all over my pillows and my comforter, and that's not too cool. Plus I looked like an idiot for a week.

Thankfully the swelling went down before my first day of college.

But just in case anyone here is going to be getting their teeth pulled soon, it does hurt, and it does suck, and you'll need some slurpees and maybe a good boyfriend who will buy you movies that you can watch while you're basically in and out of conciousness from all the pain...

Pretty much the only thing I do remember is wishing that I hadn't had my wisdom teeth pulled. I couldn't drink, I couldn't eat, I had stitches in the back of my mouth, and the skin in the back of my mouth was in shreds. It was disgusting...

At least it got me out of going to work for a few days...

4 comments:

Amy A. said...

I totally agree. Getting my wisdom teeth out was the WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I even got an infection one week post surgery. I started re-swelling back up. And the drugs totally affected me. I was so emotional and I watched Shrek 6 times that first weekend.

dan said...

Okay i had the same thing! I got so sick from the anestetic so I was throwing up in an already swollen and bloody mouth and it DID NOT feel good! It was seriously the worst experience of my life. I made Jordan stay with me the whole night and hold my hand.....and I am usually not a huge baby, but i have never had that much pain before. I would rather have knee surgery any day!

kt said...

I didn't find it that bad at all, but I agree having a good boyfriend is definitly important.. Also, I would like to add Amy getting her wisdom teeth pulled was the worst experience of MY life. She was crazy...CRAZY! Eric was fine, we almost hung out just hours after surgery. There is different combinations of the anisthetic, so if you ever go under tell them the other one was lousy... then maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Amy A. said...

Now its time for some blogging encouragement (or enforcement)

NEW POST - NOW!

Get to it!